View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How do i test my flash movie? Can't find flash.exe 

I have successfully compiled the program. I actually had to launch a new project

My output reads;AscShell command: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Recipeviewer1\Recipeviewer1.as
Done(0)

However when i attempt to test the movie, i obtain the following message;

"The path to Flash.exe is not configured properly, do you want to edit your program settings?"

What should be the path to flash.exe? I actually can't find a flash.exe . Is the system referring to the build. xml file in the Flex sdk folder? When i do a search on windows vista for flash.exe, that's the only file that comes up. What should the path be and where is the flash.exe file?

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 am

Hi yoda17,

Go to Project > Properties, and look for a checkbox titled "No output, only run pre/post build commands". Is this box checked?

If so, uncheck the box and set an output filename. This should prompt FlashDevelop to use the Flex SDK to compile your project rather than searching for Flash.

Some users write their code using FlashDevelop, but compile their projects using a Flash IDE such as Flash CS3 or Flash CS4. This is the flash.exe file FlashDevelop was asking for.

Make sure that box is unchecked and set an output filename and you should be set. Otherwise, try making a new AS3 Project instead of an empty project or a Flash IDE project.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Did you create a project?

What project template? "Flash IDE" project is targeted at Adobe Flash pro, others are targeted at the Flex SDK.
Follow @elyon's instructions to convert a Flash Pro-based project to a Flex SDK one.

PS: the "AscShell command" is only syntax checking.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]