View unanswered posts | View active topics



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Bulletin Board comments 
Author Message
Member

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
A couple initial comments.

I had trouble registering because of the security question. The answer was obviously "editor", but the e and the r were supplied ("e____r") so I answered "dito" to fill in the blanks. Not sure if others are as literal, but heck, I AM a programmer.

Also, the subhead to this topic reads "Post you comments here." The "you," obviously, should be a "your."

I started with an AS2 demo project last night and found out that I already love FlashDevelop. I'm finding it tricky, though, to find the latest tutorials. FlashDevelop development seems to move rapidly and the docs and tutorials seem to have trouble keeping up to date.


Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile
Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:27 am
Posts: 12172
Location: London
Reply with quote
Post 
Hey great typo, it's been there for years maybe :)
(added a note to make the e____r more obvious)

Information about AS2 should be up to date with FD3.


Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Member

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Post 
Philippe wrote:
Hey great typo, it's been there for years maybe :)
(added a note to make the e____r more obvious)

Information about AS2 should be up to date with FD3.


Cool.

What about AIR? From what I can tell you develop in AS3, call whatever of the new APIs you like, and then use the AIR kit from Adobe to package the app. Is that about right?


Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:44 pm
Profile
Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:27 am
Posts: 12172
Location: London
Reply with quote
Post 
Look into the AIR templates - either pure AS3 or MXML (Flex) based. You'll have code completion ready for AIR.

You'll have to edit .BAT files (paths to Flex SDK) to package the AIR application for distribution.


Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Member

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Post 
Philippe wrote:
Look into the AIR templates - either pure AS3 or MXML (Flex) based. You'll have code completion ready for AIR.

You'll have to edit .BAT files (paths to Flex SDK) to package the AIR application for distribution.


AIR templates? I don't see those when I select New Project. I have FlashDevelop 3.0.0 Beta 7.


Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 pm
Profile
Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:27 am
Posts: 12172
Location: London
Reply with quote
Post 
They are called "AIR Projector / AIR Flex Projector" in the AS3 templates group.


Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Member

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 10
Reply with quote
Post 
Philippe wrote:
They are called "AIR Projector / AIR Flex Projector" in the AS3 templates group.


Oh, I see them now. Thanks.


Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:48 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:12 pm
Posts: 21
Reply with quote
Nosredna wrote:
I had trouble registering because of the security question. The answer was obviously "editor", but the e and the r were supplied ("e____r") so I answered "dito" to fill in the blanks. Not sure if others are as literal, but heck, I AM a programmer.
I made the same "mistake" the first time I tried to register.


Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:37 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 7:36 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Baltimore, MD
Reply with quote
Post 
I'd just like to say ditto, and Nosredna thanks for posting this thread; I had completely forget about it when coming on board.

_________________
http://tronster.com


Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Member

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm
Posts: 2
Reply with quote
Pimm wrote:
Nosredna wrote:
I had trouble registering because of the security question. The answer was obviously "editor", but the e and the r were supplied ("e____r") so I answered "dito" to fill in the blanks. Not sure if others are as literal, but heck, I AM a programmer.
I made the same "mistake" the first time I tried to register.


haha,
same mistake.


researched on google and find it here :shock:


Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:43 pm
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
Nosredna wrote:
A couple initial comments.

I had trouble registering because of the security question. The answer was obviously "editor", but the e and the r were supplied ("e____r") so I answered "dito" to fill in the blanks. Not sure if others are as literal, but heck, I AM a programmer.

Also, the subhead to this topic reads "Post you comments here." The "you," obviously, should be a "your."

I started with an AS2 demo project last night and found out that I already love FlashDevelop. I'm finding it tricky, though, to find the latest tutorials. FlashDevelop development seems to move rapidly and the docs and tutorials seem to have trouble keeping up to date.

me too
make the same mistake :lol: :lol: :lol:


Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm
Posts: 1
Reply with quote
At least you guys knew what to write, I had no idea until I looked at this post :roll:


Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 pm
Profile
Member

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 am
Posts: 3
Reply with quote
:mrgreen: I have same question.


Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.