View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Feature questions/requests 

Consider all of these feature requests if it's not possible to do now... if it is possible already, I'd like to know how!

1. Is it possible to refactor rename a class? I love the refactor rename of functions/variables, but it doesn't seem to let me do it to class names (I tried selecting the class name and the constructor.) I can rename the file itself, but no references are updated. The part that is particularly annoying post-rename is the import statements, which are not always the same everywhere the class was referenced (due to truncated imports, default package not needing imports, etc) so a single find-and-replace usually doesn't do the trick. Same issues with moving a class.

2. In Flash Builder you can ctrl+click to go to definition, in FD you hit F4... is there any possibility to get clicking to go to source definition?

3. My mouse has forward/back buttons, and when you go to source definitions in Flash Builder you can use them to navigate forward/backward through your location history. I'd love to be able to do the same in Flash Develop!

4. Is it possible to highlight references that don't have a recognized definition, say with squigly red underline like misspelled words?

Cheers.
-Aaron

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 pm
Admin

1. Not supported yet.

2.There's a plugin for that, search the forum.

3. Shift+F4 to jump back after pressing F4 - navigation buttons is a desirable addition, I'm not sure if someone created a plugin for that.

4. No, you need to compile for that (F8 key).

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the reply Philippe!

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you create a plugin? I'd like to take a crack at mouse forward/backward navigation... since you already have goto and goback hopefully it wouldn't be too hard?

Random: the code generation feature completely rocks!

-A

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm

It would be cool if the Code Formatter could treat getter/setter functions differently from normal functions. Unlike my other functions, I like to keep my getters and setters on a single line.

That is, starting with:
Code:
public function set foo(bar:Bar):void { _fooBar = bar; }
public function get foo():Bar { return _fooBar; }

Code Formatter changes it to:
Code:
public function set foo(bar:Bar):void
{
     _fooBar = bar;
}

public function get foo():Bar
{
     return _fooBar;
}

That's how I usually like my functions to look... unless they're getters/setters.

PS - I love FD, my favorite IDE, keep up the good work! :D

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:38 pm

for 2: Before you will make this plugin, it's worth checking if there is already a plugin for this.

And there is:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5961

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]